Skip to main content

Back to that...again.

Well, here I am.  Sitting in my apartment in Provo, enjoying my last day of freedom.  Tomorrow I begin school again, except this time..it's my last fall semester here.  It has been a REALLY long haul up til now, but I finally feel like it might be coming to an end.  Supposedly I'll be graduating in April, but there will be a LOT of work between now and then!  BUT, after graduation and one more field camp, I will be moving permanently to Brazil and I will marry the love of my life, and THAT my friends, has been a long time coming and I am more excited about that than I have been about anything in my life (and you all remember how excited I was before I went left to serve a mission!)!!!!
Yes, obviously I had to put another picture of us on here, because I think we are just so great together! :)
So since I last wrote, I moved back to Provo from my parents' house, and while I wasn't happy about it, it is something I have to do.  Since being back in Provo (it's only been a few days), I got all settled into my new place, met my roommate, bought my books and got everything ready for the new semester and....not much else! I went to the Jordan River Temple for the first time on Saturday, actually, with Carli, and it was just wonderful!  It was a beautiful day, a beautiful temple, and great to be there with my dear friend who is pretty much my non-blood-related sister!  I'll miss her while she's on her mission, but I am so thrilled for her to go!!  You North Carolinans, you will be so blessed to have her!

So, really, I have nothing terribly profound to say today.  I should start thinking more deeply and maybe I will have something more interesting for all you people out there! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...