Skip to main content

The end of an era

So in about an hour and a half, I'll take my last final at BYU until after my mission! Exciting! Bittersweet. This week has had a lot of ups and downs already. It's never easy saying goodbye, but it's harder knowing I won't just come back in September and see everyone again. Today was my last day on the job at Heritage Halls. Thursday will be my last day on the job at BYUB. Tiff and James both leave tomorrow, and Hilary and Courtney both left today. Alex left yesterday, so...after tomorrow I need to find people to play with that I don't normally play with. Oh well. On Sunday, I went over to Courtney's and Hilary's place, and we had a last hurrah before Steph left for home on Monday. She goes to Jerusalem next week!


Saturday evening, I went to Salt Lake and met up with Emma Koller there, one of my good friends that I met at EFY when I was 14, and haven't seen her since...4 or 5 years ago! So it was awesome to see her and meet her boyfriend! We also hung out with Brian Moulton, and it was great to catch up with him! While we were waiting to be seated at CPK, there was a small band playing at the Gateway, and the guitarist was really good, and he sang, and plus he was pretty cute! So we got a picture with him!


Anyway, yesterday was fun! I haven't taken a final since Saturday, and I don't need to study much for geology, so I just had fun yesterday. And took TONS of pictures. Hundreds. Literally. Tiff wanted me to take some pictures for her, which gave me some good outdoor portrait experience. I think I'm going to make a photography blog/website, because I'm definitely getting better at portraits. And such. Here are a few... Oh yeah, and James was there too!












Then on the way back home, James had my camera. This is me and Tiff in front of our window:


James and Tiff and I later hung out with the Snyders, over at Kiwanis park. On the way, we ran into David! So of course Tiff was snapping pictures like a madwoman (cuz that's what she does when she has my camera!), so I asked David if we could have a "Real" picture while we were at it. Here it is, true to character:


Basically, like I said, yesterday was a wicked fun day! Today was great also. I went into work for a while this morning, and then James and Tim and I took the bus out for a ride. Well, James and Tim drove. I enjoyed the scenery, sat back, relaxed, and took pictures! We went out to Duchesnes, then down to Helper and then back up to Provo. Funny to see Helper from the road, because I'll be seeing it from the railroad on Saturday, on my way back east! YAY!!! And this trip helped me study for my geology final, really. There was geology EVERYWHERE, and if I could explain it, I felt pretty good about it. I saw lots of sedimentary rocks, of course, and meandering streams, and it was great! Oh life. School is great. Even better now that this semester is basically over! Not that it was bad. Just...hard? Well, math was. And that sucked up a lot of time. Busy, I think, is a better word.

Welp, I'm out. I'll be back probably late Friday night/early Saturday morning for another update before I head home.

Comments

  1. I love you Kare Kare! You are BEAUTIFUL!! and so are you pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos, Karen. You are getting better at portraits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o