Skip to main content

One More Happy Reunion

Saturday, I had the opportunity to see someone who changed my life, for the first time in over 10 years. "Elder" Zaldaña served in the Massachusetts Boston Mission 10-12 years ago.  He was in the Nashua 2nd ward for 8 months, and is someone our family will never, ever forget.  To make a long story short, he and his companion, the then Elder Snyder, were the ones who were there the day Steven, my father, and I were baptized.  That was September 10, 2000.  Elder Zaldaña confirmed me a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
A little over a year later, on December 1, 2001, we were reunited with our beloved Elders, only this time it was at the Boston Massachusetts Temple, and our family was being sealed for time and all eternity.  This is a subject I could go on about for hours, but will save it for another post. :)
Since that day, I have seen Steve Snyder many times, but I never saw Elder Zaldaña again...until this last weekend.  I had some business to take care of in Los Angeles, so I made the trek down there for a few days with a friend of mine.  I remembered that Elder Zaldaña and his family live there, so I called them up and told them I'd be there, and we decided to get together.
It was a wonderful day!!!!  We reminisced about our missions, about his time in Nashua, about people we both know, about life and what has happened in the last 10 years.  I met his wife, Kathi, and their son, Nikolas, and his parents and sisters.  I can't express the joy I felt in seeing this special person again.
We really don't know what kind of difference we make in other people's lives.  There's never any way to measure who makes more of a difference...because all the missionaries who were involved in my family's conversion say that WE made a difference in THEIR lives...and honestly, that's how I feel about people from my time on the mission.  But from a convert's perspective, I can say that there is an eternal bond between the missionary and his/her convert.  That bond is pure, Christlike love.  Just think, if those Elders throughout the years hadn't given 2 years of their lives to the Lord's work, I don't know how or where my life would be right now.  I can't imagine it without the gospel in it, and I will be forever grateful for Elder Zaldaña, Elder Snyder, Elder Brooks, and all the others who helped change my family forever.  The Lord is so good!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o