Skip to main content

Whenever one door closes...

Actually, I've realized that I don't need a door to close for another to open.  In my last post, I talked about uncertainties.  I got home from the mission uncertain of EVERYTHING in my life..I didn't even know if I would be coming back to BYU this semester or not.  And in the short time that has lapsed since that unforgettable day of September 15 2011, I've seen the Lord opening so many doors to me.  Possibilities are coming out of the woodwork, and the Lord is helping me really do what I want to do with my life....I don't have a full vision of exactly what that is, but each day, a new door opens and I get a new possibility!!!!

Today, for example, several BIG doors opened to me...life-altering doors.  I've got some big decisions to make here and a short time to make them....I have a ton of "what if" moments, doubts, questions, concerns, everything you can imagine.  But in order to make these decisions, I need to pray to the Lord, trusting 100% in Him and His answer, and that is exactly what I plan on doing.  Sometimes I am afraid of what He will say, that it will not be in line with MY will...but that's when I need to stop, think, and align my will with HIS, for He is the all-knowing Being who knows best for my life and cares more for me than anyone else.

So yeah...lots of doors opening, and so far, none closing, though that could change relatively soon, depending on how I make these decisions!!!!! :)

Comments

  1. Usually the Lord doesn't close doors on us. We tend to close them on ourselves, often knowing we cannot open them again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...