Skip to main content

When I was Little, I Always Wanted a Summer Birthday!

Hey everyone! This week was basically stellar. Of course it had its challenges, but that is a part of life. And challenges are just opportunities to grow, and proofs of how much the Lord trusts us. But here it goes......

We are doing things a little differently now....because Christmas is coming and everyone is a little happier with Christmas, we are knocking doors by singing Christmas hymns. It is awesome, and a lot more people are opening their doors than I am used to! We have a good sized teaching pool now, and that will hopefully continue to grow this week and next, and we are looking forward to baptizing this month! Unfortunately, Aline and Mayara will not be baptized right now...it's going pretty roughly with them, but I know that all will be worked out in the end, one way or another. The Lord has plans, and we do our part, and then it is up to them to decide what to do.

Oh, this week it poured! We got so drenched...it was hilarious! So of course we took pictures...:) Speaking of pictures, we also took other pictures the other day to make little Christmas tree ornaments to give to our investigators and members for Christmas. They turned out wicked cute. It was fun! And everyone is loving these things, so that helps. It helps with the work when the ward loves us and trusts us! :) Speaking of the ward trusting us and loving us, we had a meeting with the bishop this week, and I think things are steadily improving there. So that helps too! He is going to teach with us, hopefully this week, and get us some references. I'm counting on this, because I need to have faith that this time, things will actually happen when we make plans. :)

As for a few other things....Francymar showed up randomly for church yesterday, which was a wonderful surprise! We walked all morning, and called for everyone all morning, trying to get people to church, and no one went. Various problems, excuses, etc. But anyway, we were blessed for our effort when in walked Francymar. And as usual, he loved church! It was so good to have him there, and I am hoping to get him baptized before he moves to Minas Gerais in January, to play some more soccer. Yep, he's a professional. It's rad. I at least need a picture with him, and what day is better than the day of his baptism?! :)

Yesterday was my birthday! And bishop's birthday too, as I found out after church! Last night, we went to his house to celebrate with him....we shared a cake, and the kids sang, and it was awesome! Haha, it was a surprise for us both, and yep....overall, it was a good birthday. Can't really complain...miracles are always happening. And last night, a few people from the mission called to wish me a happy birthday, whcih was nice surprise! And tomorrow, we have a CHristmas conference with the entire interior (3 zones), which means I'll get to play with Sister Frame, and President and Sister Moreira will be there. It'll be awesome. We just need to work a ton today to find some new people to teach, since Tuesday is usually our key day to knock doors and find people early in the week. Nope, today isn't pday, and I am stoked to work. :) I am basically stoked on life right now. For real. Happy as can be! Happiness really is a choice we make, and one we need to make in order to stay happy!

I love you!
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o