Skip to main content

It's Snowing!!!!!!

Well what a week it was, full of miracles, trials, and opportunities to grow and learn! And in the end, transfers are tomorrow, and I am pretty sure I am leaving my beloved Vista Verde. I know that my time here was difficult, but I have a family here, and saying goodbye to that....it is hard. I can look back on the 4 months I spent here and see that I have grown. I can't really put a finger on anything specific, but I know that I have grown and changed here, and all the experiences, even the less than awesome ones, were for my benefit. I was talking about this with one of my Zone Leaders who was here in this zone since I got here, and he commented on how this time here was good for me. And it was. The call hasn't come yet about transfers; that'll happen tonight...but we had interviews with President on Thursday, and he said I'd be leaving the area. Oh how it was wonderful to have interviews with him! (Even though we had to get up at 4:30am to get there at 6am) Anyway, we'll find out tonight where I'll go, who I'll be with, etc. It sure will be interesting.
Other miracles that happened this week...remember Jil, from like 2 months ago? Remember how she moved? Anyway, last week, I was thinking about her and her family, wondering how they were doing. I think I may have mentioned this, that we ran into Francymar, her husband, on the way to church last week. We went to teach him this week, but he never showed up. Randomly on Friday night, we saw one of the kids walking down the street, so we asked him where he lives, and we went there to visit Francymar...and he finally went to church yesterday! It was so wonderful to have him at church! And he loved it, and he really wants to change his life! Oh I am so excited for this! Sister Gubler will keep me posted on him... :)
More miracles. We were scheduled to baptize Mayara and Aline yesterday. Thursday we were going to their house, but no one was there, so we left. On the return trip, we found their little brother, Valtinho (yup, one of the others I already taught)...and we asked him if he wanted to be baptized with his sisters! So, Friday was the interviews, and we almost missed the interview with Valtinho, because he decided to play in the street, but we caught up to him as we were leaving. The three of them passed their interviews, we got the signature of their father without a problem, and all was looking good. Mayara and Aline were solid, but we were a little worried that the baptism of Valtinho would fall through. In the end...yesterday was the longest day I think I have ever had, but that is normal with a baptism. In the end, though, Mayara and Aline wanted to push back their baptism one more week, saying they weren't prepared. We said everything we could, and even prayed with them, but they just weren't baptized yesterday...but Valtinho was!!! And here are some more miracles with this baptism....he was baptized by Tiago, who became a priest just 2 or 3 weeks ago, and this is the first baptism of him. One of the witnesses was Mauro, a fairly recent convert who has only had the priesthood for about a month, and we fought a ton for him to get the priesthood....oh wow. What a miraculous baptism!!! And as usual, despite all the stress and things that went wrong and baptisms cancelled, the Spirit was so strong in the baptism...it was a wonderful experience.
We also had our musical fireside last night, finally. It was fantastic! Everyone sang so well, and we had a family sing Families can be Together Forever as the opening hymn....a family of 2 kids and the parents, where the kids are 8 and 5 I think. It was SO CUTE!!!!!! I got to play the piano a ton, which was fantastic. We ended up taking a ton of pictures with a ton of the ward members last night. Tonight we have an FHE at Néia's house, which'll be great...it sounds like there will be a ton of people there.
Anyway, that's about it. I'm closing the chapter of Vista Verde of my life. It's kinda weird...I feel like this is my home now. This ward is so precious to me, and all the people I have taught here. I hope that I have helped make a difference in someone's life. And I completely trust in the Lord to put me in a place and with people he needs me to be. This is, after all, His mission, not my own.

Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o