Skip to main content

Cookies for Breakfast is Acceptable when you're Running Out the Door to get People to Church!

Hey everyone!
Well this Pday has been long awaited....last week was basically destroyed, and ridiculously stressful. I just need a day to relax and take my mind off of things.
Anyway, how was the week. Our toilet got fixed, which was unexpected, and destroyed a good part of Wednesday, cuz we had to stay at home while they were fixing it. So that's good. But now the water meter is spinning backwards, but still counting against us, and spinning even when no one is using water...so as I suspected, there are other problems with this house. Like a leak underground. Or a broken water meter. Or someone stealing water. I have no idea. But that's interesting...now we just try to turn off the water when we leave and when we sleep at night, and hopefully that will help. As for other things, the secretaries came to our house on Saturday to deliver a new mattress and a new desk. They also brought all the packages for our zone, which will be interesting to take with us on the bus tomorrow...there are a bunch of them! Sister Gubler got Reese's, which was AWESOME...I don't think Reese's has ever tasted so good in my life. :)
Remember our fireside with President that was supposed to be next week? Well, last week or so, we had a problem come up, and we had to postpone the fireside. Problem here is that President can't come until January....well, we talked to Bishop, and we are doing the fireside on the 28th, but with a different speaker. It's been kind of hectic getting all the music and everything together, so in the end, it's really good that it's being pushed off a couple weeks! But it'll all come together! Also, Saturday morning, we had an "Expo-Mormon", where we went with some ward members to a busy fair, and we had a booth and made a ton of contacts. We got 23 addresses, which we are now in the process of contacting, and a couple of them are REALLY good, people who are prepared and all. I'm stoked to get going on that. So now, with that, we only need 46 more references from members to reach our goal of 100 from the ward. We are even getting references from our investigators, which is awesome!

We went to visit Francisca WEdnesday. She was pregnant the last time we saw her, on Friday, but when we got there on Wednesday, she had her baby in her arms....the baby was born a month and a half early, but completely healthy! So what a blessing that was....and what a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. It's been a while since I last saw a baby so new, so tiny. In fact, I think I have never seen a baby so tiny. But so new, so fresh from the presence of the Lord. It is truly a miracle.

I had an interesting experience this week with knocking doors. I've never ever really felt strongly about one specific street to knock, or one door that we need to knock or anything like that. These mission stories are things I have never experienced. Until this week... Anyway, one day, we were planning to knock doors for a few hours in the afternoon with a member. The night before, I was lying in bed thinking about how much we had yet to do this week to reach the standard of excellence, and it popped into my mind to knock this one street. I knew exactly where this street was and all. Maybe I just thought of it because we'd been in the neighborhood, I'm not sure. So we went there that day to knock doors, and we taught a few lessons, and found a FAMILY...with the parents married for real. So we are returning there tomorrow to teach them more, and we will see how this progresses. Because this is the MAJOR problem in our area....we find families, but no one is married, and most people don't want to get married. The other major problem is that no one goes to church.....but I have faith that things will change....
So as for the not going to church thing....Wow, yesterday was honestly a disappointment. We called, we went to get people, and still no one went to church. We had about 10 people say they would be there, and in the end, no one showed up. Just a girl who doesn't even live in our area, so we can't really do anything about that. I was pretty frustrated, but hey...I just need to trust in the Lord more or something. We were hoping for a miracle this weekend, to baptize someone yesterday, btu that didn't happen as well. but we have some people we can baptize next Sunday, maybe, so we are just going to work really hard, pray harder, and do our best to get that done.
Also the standard of excellence in the mission has changed. Still the same number of lessons each week, but as for the people in church, the standard changed. Good luck to us....we need to find people who are more ready to baptize, people who are married or not living with someone! Haha. Oh goodness.
Today...I'm hoping for a good relaxing day. Who knows what will happen!

Keep strong in the gospel, and don't give it up for anything. It's just not worth it. Even the hardest days, stay on the path of the Lord, because there is no other path to happiness and eternal life. Just keep going...Remember Finding Nemo? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... :) But it's true. Just keep swimming and you won't sink. The Gospel is your lifejacket, and as long as it is snug as a bug in a rug, you'll be fine.

Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o