Skip to main content

Sometimes I Find Empty Cups in the Fridge

Hey everyone.

So my week was normal. Walking in the sun on the dirt roads through cow pastures and teaching sometimes too. This week....okay, so it was insane, and I'm wicked tired and don't have time to catch up on sleep (no pday this week), but somehow I'm still alive, though it's a struggle. Sheesh. We were teaching Ania, who we met last weekend, every night at 9:30, getting home around 11 or 11:30. Yes, we had permission. But she lives kinda far from our house (at least, it seems ridiculously far at 11pm). We taught her at this hour because that's when she gets home from work. but in the end...she was baptized yesterday! WoohOOOOOOO!!!!
Second...our Zone Leaderss came to our area a couple times. once, to teach Brendon with us, and the second time to interview Ania saturday night at 10pm. Hah. It was a party. Anyway, I decided it's a really good thing to have friends in the mish.

Third...I have a family here. Literally, I call this irmã minha mãe. And she calls me her "filha branca"....white daughter. It rocks! She made us a torta holandeisa....sooooooooo good. One of the best things i have ever eaten in my life.

Fourth...we dropped Brendon. he went to church yesterday with his friend Vanessa (long story.....but not a fan of her), and he tried to hug me, and that was actually pretty hilarious. But in the end, he wants nothing to do with the church. He only got started there because of Vanessa. So that's too bad. But we can't waste a lot of time with someone who wants nothing, y'know? We found some other awesome people this week, who I want to work with until their baptisms. We even found an inactive family, and the mother returned to church yesterday which made my day!
Néia, minha mãe, is awesome and always gives us references to her neighbors, and she teaches with us too. hey, sorry my english is weird...I know the names for some of these missionary terms in portuguese, but literally don't know them in english. Also, this week I got really frustrated with the language. i need help or something, cuz it seems like I'm doing everything I can, but still i can't see progress in myself. I'm trying to remember though that it's harder to see progress in yourself than in others. Hah.

Welp, it was an interesting week, ending with a baptism, which was a miracle and a blessing. Sorry this email is so short...there isn't much else to report this week.

I love you all! Remember to have charity, cuz it makes a huge difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It's something I try to work on every day.

Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o