Skip to main content

Have You Ever Eaten Bananas Fresh Off the Tree?

Querida família minha,
Estou aqui....pensando em Português...normal....pois é.
Hey, so I don't actually have a ton to write. Ana flávia was confirmed yesterday (WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!), and we taught a bunch of lessons and all...it's chill. I had a division this week which was really good. I learned that when people trust me and have confidence in me, I have a lot more in myself too. also, I got into an argument with a couple women from the Assembleia de Deus. That was entertaining, up to a point. anyway, the division was good. We ate pizza in the end. :)

Transfers are coming up, and I'm anxious. I want to stay here in Vista Verde...this area has so much potential. I want to stay here, but I'm also ready for a change. so...I'm just trusting in the Lord because he truly knows what is best. I'm at the point where I'm just looking for things to learn from the hard situations, because there's nothing I can do about them. But it's a part of the mission...haha. I have been studying a lot about charity this past week. It helps. :) I learned that when we can feel God's love for us, it is easier to love others. that is so true! Also, we are never alone, even when we feel more alone than at any oher point in life. We just need to keep pressing forward with faith, knowing that we aren't alone, and we are doing our best.

We had training with President last week. It was awesome. First, I got a TON of mail that has been stacking up in the office for weeks, while I've been here. Thanks everyone who is writing to me!!! It only takes so long to get back to you all because I am in the middle of nowhere, and it takes a while for my mail to get to me, and then longer to respond, because we don't have a post office. So I sometimes send stuff with my Zone Leaders, who have a post office. But even that just depends on their time. (hey I just looked out the window and saw a guy riding a horse down the street). Anyway, training itself was fantastic. President is awesome...I have so much to learn from him! And I have so much to improve in the mission and as a missionary and as a person in general. It is great. Haha. also, I had the opportunity to translate some videos from english to portuguese for a couple sisters sitting near me...that was hard. And interesting. Especially when people use huge words I don't know in portuguese. I learned about translating by meaning. :) Haha, but it was a good experience. First time I've had to translate on the mission. Also...we talking about prayer, the importance of having our investigators pray, and how to improve in everything we do. I have so far to go, but I'm up for the challenge! I know that as i do my best, the Lord will fill in the gaps.

What else...........welp, just a bunch of randoom stuff now. First of all.......we had some fun run-ins with a drunk this weekend. It was actually hilarious. I think he had no idea what he was saying. So...we invited him to church. :) Funny stuff. Finally, y'all need to look up vitor e leo. I love this music. yes, I will be bringing some home.
Sorry this email is shorter than most, and without a ton of detail. Like I said...life is moving on, we are working, but there isn't a ton to report. :) I love you all. Thanks for everything. I am answering all your letters, as usual. It's just taking longer now. :) You're great...thanks for the support, love, and prayers. Know I'm praying for all of you too!
Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o