Skip to main content

I Hope They Don't Call Me to Talk in Sacrament Meeting

(NOTE:  Received 5/31/2010)

HElllllloooooooooo family!

This was an interesting week. Had ups and downs like none other before, and was definitely a trial of faith. But some things I learned: first, always ALWAYS listen to the Spirit, even when you think what you say isn't important or doesn't matter. Cuz if you don't say it, there could be unexpected consequences. Also, I learned that we really do have power and authority, which is something I need to remember as we are teaching and talking about repentance and such like that. Also, keep the commandments. When you do something wrong, repent quickly. It's simple, and it's a gift from the Lord to have repentance and the Atonement in our lives.

So first thing to write about is our baptism. It ended up not happening. Turns out, Mauro needs a little more time to prepare. I'd love to see his baptism, but I don't know what will happen with transfers and such, so who knows if I will even be here. That was actually a big downer, and set us back for a little while, but then we became happy again and the work moves forward.

We are still working with Maria Lucia. Saturday we were at her house, and one of her grandchildren (did I mention that she has 14 children?! All with the same husband) was there too, as her whole family almost lives in that house. So this grandson we hadn't met yet. His name is Lucas. And he randomly said, first thing, that he was already baptized. So we asked him which church, and he told us the Mormon church. WHAT?! It was up in Bahia, 2 years ago, when he was 11. He told us about the Elders who taught him and baptized him, and all that. It was awesome! So we invited him to sit in on our lesson, and we invited him to church. At first, he was really hesitant, but as we read from the Book of Mormon, it was obvious that he was remembering how he felt at church and how he knows the gospel is true. He told us this, so that was a blessing. So he and Maria Lucia went to Church yesterday! Hooray! We're hoping to get Maria Lucia baptized on June 12.

We're also still working with Regina, but she needs to do her part too, which can be difficult. She knows she feels good at Church, and she goes to other activities when the youth invite her, but teaching her at home is difficult, because she seems to forget what's important and gets caught up in other things...like MSN messenger and orkut. Hey fam, the internet is great, but don't waste your lives away on it. For real. Satan uses this to waste our time and keep us from doing the important things we need to, even if we are doing something harmless like talking to friends online. Lessons learned.

Random other stuff...I want to go to the Temple so badly! I miss going every week like we did at the CTM, and we don't get to go this transfer. Oh dear. Also, we have zone conference tomorrow, so that will be fun to see like 60 other missionaries in 3 other zones, plus ours. I'll get to see two of the Elders I arrived with, which will be awesome! Other random stuff. There is noise constantly here. It's so different... I think when I get home I will feel like the world is so quiet! Also, I don't know what the landscape is here, because things are built into hills, and where there aren't buildings, there are roads. That's all. :)

And..Happy Memorial Day! I just remembered that on Saturday! Go visit Stan's grave for me, if you can. I'd really appreciate that. Funny story...no one here can say "Ogden". It's interesting, because people will say "Sister....não consigo falar seu nome!" Which means, I can't say your name! Valentine's Day is also coming up. Yep, I get two of those this year. Two wonderful, single valentine's days...haha. Vday here is June 12 (my half birthday, and Tiff Tiff's birthday!) Also, World Cup starts on the 11th, and things are already pretty crazy. The Corinthians had a game last night, so there were endless fireworks.

Welp, I read a scripture this morning in scripture study, 2 Nephi 28:30. It's fantastic. Read it. :) Also, I would suggest watching the Lamb of God again...we just watched it with some investigators the other day, and it is a powerful film. The Savior suffered so much ridicule and pain, just for us. Because He loves us. I can't even fathom this immense amount of love. But it is real, and it is a part of our lives.

I love you! Have a fantastic week!!
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o