Skip to main content

On the Bright Side of Life

It's been a good week so far. Today was especially good. I slept in, read some more of the New Testament, and had a relaxing but productive day. I drove Mom to work late (she didn't feel well when she woke up originally), then went and stopped by the Pelrines' and caught up with Mary a little bit, which was awesome. Then I went downtown and handed out Blood Drive posters along Main Street. We're having a blood drive at the Church on Saturday, so I wanted to get the word out about that. I stopped at Darrell's Music Hall while I was down there, of course, and looked around in there! I saw them unloading and putting together a BEAUTIFUL baby grand piano...it was white...I think I almost drooled! I also finished cleaning my room today, so now it's clean and there's a lot less cat hair in it! I think I'm going to light a candle...

okay, now it's lit and pretty and will smell good! Even though I need to go to bed relatively soon. Because I have to be at work at 5am tomorrow. Oh the joys of having completely flexible hours for the grocery store! But at least I'll be done before the morning is over, so I'll have lots of time to finish other things on my list of things to do! OH! And I got to talk to James today, and we made some plans for while Mom and I are in Alaska. Woohoo!

Yesterday Steven and I took a road trip up to Laconia, and saw Lake Winnepesaukee while it was dead, before tourist season. We also found a drive-in movie theater. And Rollercoaster Road. And Karen's Gifts and More. And tons of other fun things! It was a great road trip. Okay, I've gotta go now, as Michael wants to show me something and so does Mom. :) I'll post some pictures later in the week! :)

Comments

  1. You always seem to find the bright side of things. Just an ordinary day but you make it sound so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...