Skip to main content

Sometimes I wonder where people went after the last time I saw them...especially when it's been 15 years

So management fixed our water. Silly maintenance simply forgot to turn it back on. But it was inconvenient. But hey, at least we have it back.

It's been a great weekend! General Conference is always so uplifting and amazing, and inspiring, in that I want to be a better person, and here's how! Yesterday morning I went over to the Wilk to have breakfast with my ward before the first session, and then we watched that session in the varsity theater. That was sweet! The rest of my day was uneventful...it's actually been a really relaxing weekend as well! Both sessions were great yesterday, and I got a couple hours of organ and piano practice in last night, which was awesome! And then Tiff and I went to the store with Ry Ry to pick up some stuff for a cake he and I are making tonight. Then we watched a movie.

Today, I woke up earlier, but didn't get out of bed until right before conference started. James came over for that. It's always cool to have people over, and get to enjoy conference all together! Between sessions, James, Tiff, Lionel, Lionel's friend, and I had brunch, and then Tim and his buddy came over, and we all watched the last session together. I think that was my favorite session. I tried going into conference this time with a specific thing I wanted to learn more about, and this last session definitely more than covered that! It was amazing, truly. We are so blessed to live at a time where there are living prophets, from whom we can learn!

I've gotta read my scriptures now, because I didn't this morning. I'm in Luke, and I'll finish it before the end of the week. It's been a great time of year to be reading the gospels, what with today being Palm Sunday and next week being Easter! Wow. Life is so, so good.

Comments

  1. Glad you got your water back and that it was a simple fix. Do you have normal hot water now, and cold water?

    And Conference was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o