Skip to main content

Every party has a pooper and Karen is number 1!

I haven't written in here in a while, wow. Or just a few days, but you know. :) Not too many big adventures have happened, and life is just moving forward with the end of school drawing near. This past week, I accomplished a lot. I did all but two things on my page-long to-do list, as well as other things I thought of and didn't write down. And yesterday was productive as well, more than I thought it would be.

Well let's see. I finally declared my major as geology on Tuesday. That was great! Now I'm officially a geology major, and I can get right into that when I get back from my mission. I went to the Temple with Tiff and Spencer on Wednesday evening. Spencer did a session while Tiff and I went to the baptistry. We ended before he did, so we sat in the guest waiting room for a while, just enjoying the peace of the Temple, and not rushing back into the "I have to get this done" mode of the end of the semester. It was a really nice and much-needed break from the world. I've had a greater sense of peace in my life the past few days because of that.


Thursday evening, James and I went to a baseball game on campus. BYU-TV was there, for whom I work, though I was not working that evening. I warned James when we went in that as soon as they saw me at the game, they would put us on TV. And I was right! They had the camera pointed at us fairly often throughout the game, and a couple times it was on air. So of course I hammed it up in front of the camera, and they probably all saw a different side of me than they normally do at work! I waved like an idiot, danced like a maniac, and made faces at the camera (and at my boss, through the camera). It was awesome. I got a text message from Ben Fisher partway through the game, asking if I was enjoying the game. He then told me he'd seen me on TV. I almost died laughing, because I didn't think anyone I actually KNOW would be watching! Correction: I just didn't think! And halfway through the 8th inning, thanks to Fenway Park and the Red Sox, they played "Sweet Caroline" and I belted it out so off-key and so ridiculously that I'm sure I sounded like a drunk, and I still wonder why campus police didn't come after me! It was sad though, as no one was singing! I had a lot of fun at that game!

Friday night I went to Divine Comedy with James, Tiff, Jo, Alex, Brad, and Sarah. It was hilarious, as usual, and pretty much awesome. Actually, before it, James and I went to his mission reunion at the mission home here in Provo. That was great- I saw some people I already know, and I met a few more people. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday was...intense. My plans for the morning changed when I accidentally overslept, but it ended up working out pretty well. I got a good chunk of a project for Geography done, and then went to work. But that was an experience of itself! James was leaving for Morgan with the bus (because he had to do some post-license-getting driving, without his trainer) at the same time I had to be at work at the Marriott Center. He offered me a ride. So I took him up on that, seeing as it was raining, and it's just cool to be the only passenger on a coach bus! People looked at us funny...especially while he was parked on 820 North, in front of my apartment, and when I got off at the Marriott...because I was the ONLY passenger to get off! People's heads turned and their faces were hilarious! I got to work in time for a delicious lunch, and then the show. We were shooting Ballroom Dance in Concert, "Viva Espana." Steve Lowe, the producer, always produces phenomenal shows, so I love working on his shows, because they are usually the arts. I was scheduled to work on camera, but opted to work as a utility instead. I was utility for one of the handheld camera guys, down on the floor. That was awesome, I thought. It got better though, as Craig just hung out in the front and center with his camera, not moving. I got a chair and sat with him, and had the best seat in the house- front and center, on the floor, about 3 feet from the dancers! What an AMAZING show, and those dancers have extraordinary talent! I saw a few people I know, which is always fun, and a few other people I recognized from swing club and other random places. After work, I walked home and then finished my project. Then Jess Clites and I met and got dinner at the Creamery, and then went back to the Marriott to watch Ballroom Dance in Concert. I'm not kidding! I bought tickets for the evening performance of it about two weeks ago, and THEN work scheduled me for the matinee performance. So I got to see it twice in one day! It was awesome the second time, and cool to see it from higher up in the stands! And my day didn't end there... Rachelle and I hung out with Ry Ry that night, after he got off work. I was tired and didn't want to do anything crazy, even though they did, so they started singing "Every part has a pooper and Karen is number 1" at me. We walked to the creamery and got marshmallows, rice krispies, and M&Ms. There were a ton of worms hanging out on the sidewalk on the way there and back, and I watched in amusement as Ryan chased Rachelle around with them. It reminded me of elementary school. So I laughed. REALLY hard! Then we made rice krispy treats and hung out with Ryan's roommates and their friends.

Today has been a wonderful Easter Sunday! Church was fantastic-I learned so much! I went to dinner this evening witih Jalayne Orr, Michael Orr's sister. While there, she introduced me to people, explaining how we know each other (when in fact we'd actually just met when I showed up at her apartment, even though we've talked via facebook/texting for months). One guy asked where in NH I was from, so I told him Nashua, and he got all excited! Apparently, he used to live in Merrimack, right off of Naticook Road! So we talked about some people that we both know, and it was great! I love meeting people like that- it always makes me happy!

Well, I think that's about it. I'm going to go write in my real journal now, I think. Tomorrow I'm hanging out with Alan Wheelwright! I haven't seen him in like 5 years, so I'm wicked excited for this!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, Karen. I just emailed the link to Shannon so she'll see you guys hung out together. Have a great day!

    By the way, Jenny checks your blog regularly now, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

You make me smile

Stanford Larsen:  One of my dearest friends.  Also one of the few people in this world who never let me down...ever.  Every time I think back to memories with him, i can't help but smile.  He has left a smile on my heart forever. Watermelon always makes me smile.  No other explanation needed. My cats make me smile.  They purr and are happy kitties. Snow of course.  Snow snow snow!  Snow angels, snowballs, snowmen, snow forts, snow fights, snow shoveling, snowfall, snow! My family.  They're all my best friends.  I couldn't ask for a better family...ever. Mater.  Cars.  The music in the movie.  Watching the movie over and over again, on rainy or sunny days.  Lots of memories that go with this movie, too. Country.  Country music.  Country dancing.  Country movies.  Nashville.  Country stars.  Cowboys.  One in particular.  All of these things make me smile like I'd never smiled before I found them.  I want to be this! :) Lots of things make me smile. Lots