Skip to main content

Choices, Choices, Choices

I've found that it's really easy to stay in a bad mood when you get in one. Like if you go to bed in a bad mood, it's easy to be in a bad mood the entire next day. You just start feeling sorry for yourself and then your bad mood sticks around, and you are pretty much unpleasant to be around and associate with (Excuse my dangling prepositions). I found myself in this predicament this weekend...Friday night I went to bed ticked off for one reason or another, and was annoyed with myself for being bugged about this one thing. Saturday I woke up to a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, but spent 8 hours of it at work. Fortunately, I got to work outside and see a great baseball game. Unfortunately, work went on so long that I missed my own party that I'd planned, and that sent me back into my bad mood from the night before. Then I was pretty much in a sour disposition until I went to bed again last night, except for while I was at Stake Conference last night. This morning, I woke up and realized how silly it was that I let little, unimportant things bug me like I had. I chose to be happy today. And I realized again how happiness really is a choice. Choosing to be happy does not mean you'll be happy all the time, but it means you won't let little things ruin an entire day for you. I realized this again this morning!

On another note, last night's session of Stake Conference was wonderful! We had the privilege of hearing from Elder and Sister Zabrowski of the Seventy. We learned the importance of the "little things"- prayer, fasting, church, scripture study, etc. Also, I ran into one of my dearest friends who I have not seen in forever, and seeing him was probably the highlight of my day yesterday! Other than the literal highlights I got on my face and neck from the sun (aka SUNBURN) and the highlights that have come out in my hair again because of 8 hours in the blazing sun! :) Nah, it was definitely seeing Ry Ry that made my day!

In other news, it's been a busy week. Hard to believe that there are only a few more weeks of this semester, and then I'm off to go home and prepare more seriously for my mission. Wow. Time is really flying by! This coming week is going to be very busy- I've got a couple of tests, a paper to write, a few quizzes, and an entire online class that I've got to catch up on if I want to finish is before May 5! I thought it'd be easier to complete that one this semester, but math and geography and geology are sucking up a ton of my time! Oh well... it will all work out one way or another.

OH! I got to compete in Dancesport this weekend, and it was so awesome! My partner went all out with his costume, and rather than describing it...here's a picture:When we went on to the dancefloor, because we basically knew we wouldn't even make it to the second round, let alone win, we just had a ton of fun. Our beginning pose was awesome, and we ended up having to hold it a lot longer than we thought we would, because the announcer had to give some instructions to the judges or something. I don't know. Then our dancing was awful. But i was having so much fun that I couldn't stop laughing! Anyway, to make a long story short, we completely botched it. So you can imagine our shock when we saw our number, number 609, called back to the next round! Unfortunately, we couldn't actually dance that one, but oh well...we moved on! I ended up going back to dancesport that night and saw some other friends dance, and I saw the awards ceremony for the competition I'd danced in- several people from my class placed, including the first-place winners! It was a great day!

Well, I'm off to Stake Conference in a little while. I'm excited for it! I love Stake Conference, and I think the Zabrowskis will be speaking to us again! Later tonight, I'm going to the Wilsons' with James and Tim and Rachelle, and whoever else wants to come, I think. What a wonderful day today is!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...