Skip to main content

I'm back....4 years later!

Hey all!  Just popping by to give a little update...

I came back to this blog a couple weeks ago, after starting a new one.  Man, I used to be inspired!  I guess now I'm just old and tired, so I am less original in my posts...haha!

But here's the update.  Renato and I got married in 2014, and we had a baby girl in January 2016.  We are still living in Brazil, and loving life!  I am a stay-at-home-mom, which was my childhood dream, and I also teach private English classes.  Oh, and I make and sell American sweets too, so that's fun.  That has shown down a bit lately, but I'm not sure why.  It's okay; I am hoping it will pick up again with the holidays coming!  I started another blog, which I hope you all follow me at

baianamericana.blogspot.com

I have been amazed by all the views this blog has had, even in my long absence.  I could really use your help and support over on my new blog!  I started it in English, but am working on translating my first posts into Portuguese as well, and future posts will be in both languages.  It is a blog about my ramblings, basically....I have talked about about my daughter, and about my and my husband's story.  It is in the beginning stages, but it will probably end up being just a compilation of my ramblings, much like this one, but I suppose my thoughts and ideas have evolved, as is natural in life!

Thanks for all your support and love over the years!  I am leaving this blog open, but I think all future updates will be on the new one.  Hope to see you there, with page views and comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Happy birthday Tiff Tiff!

So there's no more classes. Only finals left. I'm keeping busy doing things, whether school-related or not, but it's still weird. Last night I was sitting here putting together some videos and such that Tiff and I have done all year, and it finally hit me that...I'm done class for two years here. It's a weird feeling, and I don't know how to describe it really...bittersweet isn't quite the word. Because I'm leaving so soon, I've been feeling a bit melancholy lately...it's so weird. And it's hard when people keep telling me to come back in the fall. I don't know...I've had a LOT on my mind lately, and I still feel like I'm doing the right thing. So I've been trying to keep busy and not think too much about it... I've tied up a lot of loose ends, both with people and with projects, in the past couple days. But on to happier stuff. Today we are celebrating Tiff's birthday! We're making a duckie cake, and d

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r