Skip to main content

Study break

It's the final countdown.  I've been looking forward to being home in NH for MONTHS....and now that's only 7 days away!  I have to be perfectly honest and say that I'm not nearly as excited as I was, though I'm still excited to go home and goof off for a couple of weeks, with no worries whatsoever, nowhere to be, projects to finish, maybe some walls to paint, family and friends to visit....yeah, that part will definitely be great! :)  Plus it means I'll be one semester and 20.5 credits closer to graduation!

But in the meantime....with the exception of Sunday, every single day of the next week will be absolutely INSANE, especially tomorrow and Thursday, as I try to finish up last projects (5-page scientific paper to write tomorrow, as well as a 65-mineral test to take tomorrow, plus a concert on Thursday night) and get everything in before their deadlines.  Funny thing happened, I had a short assignment due today for one of my classes that I had completely spaced.  FORTUNATELY, I remembered...about 20 minutes before class.  I found a spot to sit down, punched it out on here, and sent it in...with about 43 seconds to spare!

Well, now that I got my chem test out of the way, I need to study for my mineralogy test tomorrow.  And eat real food.  And sleep.  And work at 4am.  So...I should get on that!  I'm going home to eat and take a shower, which'll hopefully wake me up a bit to be able to work more!  Man, this whole working in the middle of the night thing has turned me into such a baby.  If I'm not in bed by like 9 or 9:30, I'm basically useless and can't function anymore!  It's hilarious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o