Skip to main content

Jennyanydots Needs to Move into Our House

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO USA.

So...last monday was a bagunça...not pday, but not a normal day. That's about that.

Tuesday was better, though we still didn't get to teach a ton of lessons, cuz we were walking all day. That's the problem with an enormous area, and all your people living in the extremities. Also, our rapaz William disappeared...it was like 2 weeks since we last talked to him. All week we stopped by his house, but finally caught up with him...Thursday! I'll get to that.
Wednesday...was awesome. We had Zone Conference, so I got to see just about ALL my mission buddies, because just about everyone is here in the interior. I saw Sister Frame, and President and Sister Moreira of course, and took pictures with everyone. You know how I am. But more importantly, our training was awesome. We learned how to teach better. I have the best mission president there is. Bummer for everyone else. I also got a bunch of letters...and my FIRST package, from JAMES! Thanks James! And you sent me SNOW which made me SO FREAKIN HAPPY! Just ask my comp...snow in Sao Paulo is about the best thing ever!!!!!!! Last but not least, we got açai with our zone after the conference, since it was p-day, which rocked my world, since I love açaí AND my zone here in Sao Jose dos Campos!

Thursday......we decided to move our specific area. So we are in the process of cutting our investigators, because no one is really progressing. Everyone opens their doors to us, listens to us, even prays...but no one goes to church or accepts baptismal invitations. It is frustrating, and we are now moving our area. Good. We also finally caught up with William, and invited him to be baptized on the 24th.

Friday. We have weekly planning Friday mornings. That's fun. I think we had some leftover pizza. And we planned how to move our area, made a list of all the people we need to teach and such. There is a rule in the mission that we can't cut our investigators before teaching the plan of salvation. Makes sense. We all need to know our purpose here on earth. We also had an intense lesson with some awesome people who ask fantastically deep questions that leave me clueless. I have so much to learn! We are going to go back this week with our extremely intelligent Ward Mission Leader, who can answer just about anything.
Saturday....Everything we had planned fell through. Oh well, the week was like this. Also, we cut William, which was a bummer, but had to be done. I don't like this part of the mission, cutting people, but I have also learned that sometimes people appear in our path who look like they will progress, in order to distract us from the elect. So I am praying for and studying about the gift of discernment, because we really need that in this work!! Also, I am learning a bunch of fantastic words. Haha, oh how I love learning a new language!

Sunday....well, we walked to the other end of the earth to get our investigators to go to church, but no one came. NO ONE. And not for lack of effort! But we got to church and had a surprise...a member referral was there, which was fantastic. Ezequiel knows the Bible very well, so teaching him will be interesting. He had a lot of qestions, and we taught him with our Ward Mission Leader, which helped a lot. It was great though...we'll see how it goes. He lives in the area we want to move our specific area to...so maybe that's a good sign! W are also in the process of getting more references from people in the ward, as our goal is 100. We've got some ideas rolling, after our meeting last night with the leadership of the ward.

And today is not p-day, as we have transfers tomorrow. I am not too nervous, though starting to get a little anxious. I think Sister Gubler and I will both stay here...President and Sister Moreira told us both that! So I sure hope so...but it's in the Lord's hands. I am really really hoping to stay here. I want one more transfer in this area, and with Sister Gubler, to get the work moving forward faster and better here.
I am loving the mission. Loving it. No desire to return home....despite the millions of roaches that seem to live in our house (we got home to a disaster last night....the fight ended with a bunch of dead roaches, a few escapees, and the bottoms of our shoes all gross). Oh the joys of Brazil summer in Sao Paulo. But really, I love the work! :)
Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o