Skip to main content

Have You Ever Seen 5 Cows Just Chilling and Walking Down the Street?

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful conference weekend! I did not get to see all of conference, which was a bummer, but the part I did see was awesome! I watched conference, one session, in portuguese....the first time I have ever watched conference in a different language! I saw the Sunday morning session in English though, which was such a blessing! It really is different in a different language, when you are not hearing the voice of the prophet or apostles or other general authorities. So that was a new experience.
Well, this week I did not make my usual list of things to write in this, so it might end up a little scattered....but I'll do my best. I really have no idea what I am going to write. This is why I make a list; because when I get here to write, my mind draws a blank at what happened this week! We taught a bunch...oh, it was raining this week, so it was harder to teach and make contacts and all...but we survived! And we found some wonderful new people to teach. Remember Jil and her family? Unfortunately, they have disappeared. She traveled a little oer a week ago, and was supposed to return this Wednesday...but we haven't heard from or seen her or her family since last Friday. We are calling a million times each day, stopping by her house....but to no avail. It is kind of crazy...and I am kind of worried as to what may have happened. I know she was planning to move, but I didn't think she'd move without telling us! So we are going to keep looking for her.....

In other news....we finally caught up with an inactive member we have been looking for for about a month. He was baptized a long time ago...probably about 30 years ago. And then went inactive. But we finally got to teach him and his family, and that lesson was powerful. The Spirit was so strong that night! And it was interesting, because when we finally met him, that night, and walked into his house, it was familiar. I recognized him, as though I know him from somewhere, though I am sure I have never seen him before in my life. That was interesting. But we are going to go back there this week and talk some more. We are hoping to baptize his wife and daughter and have him return to church. Miracles happen every day, and the Lord's hand is ever-present in His work, so I have faith that all this is possible!
I was studying a lot in Jesus the Christ this week, which was really interesting. I have learned some new things and learned some new things on whole new levels. It is so refreshing to dig into the scriptures and doctrine of the gospel of Christ. Because as Christ teaches, His doctrine is so simple. And yet so profound. And there are so many symbols....SO MANY! But it is all so interesting! I have developed a deep love for the scriptures since i have gotten on the mish and have made it a habit to truly study when I have the time, and to use my hour each day to study and apply what I learn. I love it!

Other things of note...it is a small world! People I know here in the mission know people I know from before the mission, in the United States. That is crazy. And I learned that the supposed tradition of throwing eggs at people on their birthdays is a real tradition!! I remembered it this week and asked someone, and she told me people really do it! I laughed prettty hard at that. Actually, I just laugh a lot. Even more than I did before the mission, I think. Haha, twice this week I laughed so hard I cried. It's good to have an awesome comp!!!
Well..........since I can't really remember anything else, I think I am going to wrap this up, and go write to President. Thanks for everything you all do for me! I love you all so much!!! Stay strong in the gospel, and apply the lessons we learned and words we heard at conference...and let's all together try a little harder each day to be like Christ.

Love,
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

10 Things I hate about Hannaford

Today was one of those days. I've had this list growing in my head for a while too, and today I just want to write it all down, cuz the first part of work, until I got back from my break, pretty much sucked. Stupid people. So in no specific order... 1. Frozen pizzas. I don't like eating them, and I hate them even worse at the register, because their barcodes are dumb and they don't fit in bags. 2. paper in plastic. Seriously, what's the point?! 3. customers who bag for themselves on express. THERE IS NO ROOM ANYWAY, and yet they're making less. This also includes the people who rearrange as you bag for them. yuck. if you want it a specific way, just tell us! 4. people who smell bad. nuff said. 5. old guys who wink at me. and hit on me. sick. 6. when dillon is not my bagger. hahahah. 7. when someone asks "where's corn flake crumbs?" like anyone could even know that. what are those even used for?! just get the crumbs from the bottom o