Skip to main content

Procrastination is the thief of time

So while being a thief, why not employ procrastination to be productive?  Like updating my blog.  I don't know how productive this actually is...but hey.  In procrastinating my paper, I've gotten a lot done!  For instance, today I updated my journal on a bunch of things I've overlooked the past couple of days.  And I started cleaning my room/packing for the mission.  And I labelled a couple hundred pictures.  And I caught up with friends.  And I worked.  And I volunteered at the Temple.  And I went on a date.  And...yeah.  See?  Not completely a waste of time!  All those are good things!  But I'm at the point where I KNOW I need to do this paper, but I just can't seem to focus.  I can focus on anything else, but this task for some reason seems way too daunting.  But I need to finish it like a month ago, but in reality, tomorrow is basically the last day I can really finish it without a huge panic before I leave.  If I wanted to push it for real, I could finish it by Monday, and then just take my final, say, the Thursday or Friday before I leave.  yeah, good plan...NOT.  Either way, it'll be that week.  But if I keep procrastinating, I'm just going to screw myself up in this class, and that's no good.  Ugh.

So back to the paper for me.  I need some inspiration or something.  My phone is off, there's nothing new on facebook, I've already written in my journal, I don't have any more House episodes to watch, so really there should be nothing to distract me...right?  Okay, here's the test.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...