Skip to main content

Blessed

Sometimes, like lately, I think about all the people I know and have known in my life. I think about the people i will probably never see again in this life, and about the people I will not see for a few years at least. I think about how hard goodbyes are, and how seeya laters are just a little bit better. I think about how sad I am sometimes when I realize how long it may be before I see someone I am close to.

In this age of technology, I am blessed to have ways to communicate with people at the press of a button. I can text, call, email, facebook, IM, blog, or go back to old snail mail. I have options, and though I may never see some people again, I can still talk with them.

And I also think about how blessed I am to have known every single person I have. Each and every person I have met has left an impact on my life, big or small. While it hurts that I know I may not see people for a long time, or until the next life, I know that they have blessed my life. I am so blessed to have crossed paths with so many people. I look forward to the many more people whom I will meet, get to know, become friends with, etc. If you're reading this, chances are pretty good that I know you. Know that you have changed and blessed my life, if only in a small way. You are part of the reason I am who I am.

Comments

  1. Nice post. Thanks for your thoughts. I always enjoy reading your posts when you get thoughtful and philosophical. I enjoy the silly ones, too, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

We received the following pictures from Karen's Branch President down at the MTC.

Eu Amo Meloncia!

(NOTE:  Received on 3/30/2010) Hello family! Well, this week I did something different.  I kept a list in my agenda of things to write to y'all about, instead of just writing one on the bus on the way back from the Temple, and it is LONG!  But most of the things are just things to mention, not really to talk about.  So let me start with that! Choir last Tuesday was awesome...I played the piano of course, and the choir sang "Scripture Power".  Remember in primary when we would lift our scriptures up during the chorus?  Yeah, guess what 100 missionaries did during choir!  It was hilarious and so awesome.  We have so much fun here! Soccer here is intense.  Our teacher, Irmão Mendes, has the radio on his cell phone.  One day in class, he pulled it out, turned it on, and we listened for a few seconds to a soccer game.  Long enough to hear "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

Fortune Cookies can be profound..

So I was at work last night, at KBYU, and they fed us dinner. Sweet, free food! As a college kid with almost no money to my name, I'll gladly eat food that someone not only pays for, but pays me to eat! I've learned to like a lot of foods this way... I never used to enjoy Chinese food, but now I do. And last night, our food came from Panda Express. Seeing as I've never eaten authentic Chinese food from China, I don't know how "real" this food is, but it's pretty delicious. But that is not the point. The point is, half the fun of eating Chinese food is to read and laugh at the fortune inside the fortune cookie! Especially from Panda Express, where the fortunes are usually pretty lame, silly, or in fact MISfortunes! As I cracked my cookie open last night, my heart was pounding with anticipation... what would I get? Would it change my LIFE?!!? Okay, so I was just curious, and my heart wasn't pounding. :) I read the little slip of paper, and g...