Skip to main content

Oops...too long

So this is what happens when I wait far too long to write on my blog (and in my real journal... I did a lot of catching up last weekend on the train!). I get so far behind that it's a daunting task to catch up. But oh well. So here are the highlights. I left Provo and came back to NH. Tiff Tiff wrote a blog about me...it was sweet! :) I took the train across the country. I went to the Atlantic Ocean on my first day back at this end of the country. I have a job and income! I've been really busy, even though I am not in school. And the lowlights. I left Provo and my friends there... I don't have many here, because they are all out west! I haven't finished cleaning my room yet! So yup, that's the summary! :) I'll put up some pictures...because we all know a picture is worth a thousand words.



James and Tim and I went on a bus adventure the Tuesday before I left Provo. It was awesome! Natural studying for my geology final, which went pretty well. I took a ton of pictures, but here are a couple. We also got to weigh the bus, at a weigh station. That's not something you do every day!




After we got home from the bus trip, Tiff and I had a photoshoot. Again, many pictures, with only a few on here. In this last one, we did somersaults as we took pictures. It was fun. :)


Tiff and I show off all the glowsticks we accumulated from all the Divine Comedy shows we went to this year... I never missed a show! We had such a huge collection by the end of the year that we didn't even know where to keep them.


A couple days before I left Provo, I went to Bre's and John's wedding reception. They both looked great, and so happy! It was a happy occasion!


This was taken from the train on my way home. It's cool because you can see how the sand dunes built up to this rock. WHOA!


Colorado, on the way home.


This is for you, Rachelle!


Mississippi River!!!!


Iowa...


And once on Long Island, we went to Fire Island Light! I LOVE THE OCEAN!!!



Steven and me at Fire Island


And then we went to the top of the lighthouse, and this was the view. The island has grown 5 miles in the last 150 years...GEOLOGY!!! :)


You ever seen a lighthouse light up close?


Then back in NH, we partied for James' birthday! We didn't have the fireworks or beer pong, though...


And then James left for Alaska :( So of course we took pictures...

Then the poking and tickling began.

Whoops, looks like there are only two survivors! :)

So those are some visual highlights! The summer is off to a great start. And it's even better that I have a job... I was fearing that I'd be unemployed and a bum until June, when I start doing EFYs. And my trip to Alaska starts in 13 days! Woohoo! Well, I need to get to bed sometime before tomorrow, and I have a couple of things i need to do before then. Tomorrow will be another long day. But a good one. It's good to be home!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I love about Hannaford

So originally I was going to do this in sarcasm...but then decided that I could actually come up with 10 things (in no specific order) I like about my job. Even though being a cashier at a grocery store is not ideal, it's a job, and...well, you'll see. 1. Going on break with my dad sometimes. Because, you know, we work in the same store. It's pretty cool. 2. I love the people I work with soooooo much! Mainly the ones during the day, because I don't know any of the high school kids that work evenings, because I rarely work evenings. 3. Being the "party animal". nuff said. 4. Watching a cashier ID someone for alcohol, and him telling us that he doesn't even have a photo ID since his license was taken away for DWI. Yeah, maybe he should rethink his purchase... 5. Now when I hear the name of a vegetable, I automatically think of its PLU. Dates: 3047. Cabbage: 4069. Bananas: 4011. Tree Ripe Peaches: 4044. Eastern Peaches: 4403. Nectarines: 4378.

Greased Lightning

It's snowing today! And what a great day it's been...minus the fact that I haven't finished nearly as much as I should have by now. But I DID go outside and play in the snow...and that's important! The snow was fresh in the tree....so I did what any little kid would do, and licked it. It was snow AND ice...good thing my tongue didn't freeze to the tree in my front yard! I love tree branches in the snow. There's just something about the combination of brown and pure white that strikes my artistic bone. Part of the tree and part of my house. Looking up Pennichuck Street. So picturesque. Me in my getup...I borrowed Michael's boots because I don't have any in NH (except for my cowboy boots....), and he gave me his snowshoeing boots, because they each weight like 5 pounds, and he just wanted to see me try to walk in them. My sunglasses made a comeback! Well, that's today. I've got a couple papers to write for English 316, and a bunch of Bio to r

You make me smile

Stanford Larsen:  One of my dearest friends.  Also one of the few people in this world who never let me down...ever.  Every time I think back to memories with him, i can't help but smile.  He has left a smile on my heart forever. Watermelon always makes me smile.  No other explanation needed. My cats make me smile.  They purr and are happy kitties. Snow of course.  Snow snow snow!  Snow angels, snowballs, snowmen, snow forts, snow fights, snow shoveling, snowfall, snow! My family.  They're all my best friends.  I couldn't ask for a better family...ever. Mater.  Cars.  The music in the movie.  Watching the movie over and over again, on rainy or sunny days.  Lots of memories that go with this movie, too. Country.  Country music.  Country dancing.  Country movies.  Nashville.  Country stars.  Cowboys.  One in particular.  All of these things make me smile like I'd never smiled before I found them.  I want to be this! :) Lots of things make me smile. Lots